Let’s face it, we’re the demographic with the cash but we also hate crowds and prefer to skip the rush , so Cyber Monday may be tailor made for us. If you’re shopping on-line today, we’ve got five tips that will keep your credit card protected while you inhale your coffee, click on the desktop and search for gifts you’ve been ogling all month long.
1) Do not click on links in emails. It’s not safe and it could lead you down a rabbit’s hole to an unsafe site.
2) Use only a credit card when shopping online, you’ll feel more in control and be able to monitor more closely any fraudulent credit card activity pretty quickly.
3) Ignore fake text alerts pretending to be from your bank or a well-known retailer. Contact your bank directly and do not respond to text messages saying your credit card has been locked and you need to click a link to retrieve it.
4) Make sure you’re on a secure page, check to see that the URL for the page begins with “https://” and not “http://.” That “s” lets you know the site is secure.
5) Use the latest versions of Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Safari. They offer protection against malicious activity and will steer you away from sites known to exhibit strange, illegal behaviour. Oh! Don’t forget to ensure you’re up to date with your anti virus software.
Enter your email address to subscribe and receive life + style tips, news from behind the scenes of the Forward Forty set and discounts on Forward Forty experiences.
powered by FormCraft
Forward Forty is a hub for women with a discerning palette, who believe that success and beauty can be had at any age. Forward Forty provides daily doses of life + style inspiration to women with a hunger for success, style, travel, beauty, food, design, wellness and healthy living. As its creative founder, I wanted to design a space to share all of these loves, to invite friends to share theirs as well and to be the breeding ground for ideas & excitement - - for an inspired lifestyle.
We are Forward Forty, and this is just the beginning.