In the multitude of choices you have to make about your business and your career: Have you ever wondered:” “Why does it feel like I’m not doing enough?”
But what does that question even mean?
I believe “doing enough” allows us to zero in on the choices we are faced with while ensuring the ones we select are doing a nice tango with our goals and our personal well-being.
Let’s face it, every CHOICE you make “to do and be enough” is hard:
- asking for more money from a boss or client is hard; remaining silent and deciding to do less with less is also hard
- dedicating time to build a personal, digital brand is hard; the cost of deciding to forgo an online presence is also hard
- accepting your flaws and flailing and saying: “oh well that’s just me” is hard; working on those jagged little edges is also hard
I BELIEVE that you decide among all of life’s tough choices by asking three questions:
1) Will the choice you make move the needle forward and get you closer to what you want?
2) Do you feel joyful, lighter in spirit having made it?
3) Does your choice move in tandem with who you are in your heart and soul as well as what you want from life?
These are not easy questions but the end result often leads to a sense of freedom.
As for the question I began with, I hope you know that you are more than what you have accomplished and not accomplished, what you did and did not do.
You are more than what you have nailed on your timeline and what you have had to postpone.
In making your hard choices keep telling yourself in the process: “Until I get to where I am going, I am enough.”