I want to kick off Small Business Week by acknowledging the elephant in the room. When you’re growing a business, it’s hard to always think creatively, right?
That’s where I come in as your content coach, guiding you through the social media maze, bringing you opportunities to think, show up differently, and even reset.
Small Business Week began on Sunday, May 1st. and you have the rest of the week to create content for your community by giving them insights into you and your business while encouraging them to shop small.
*** Here Are 5 Things To Consider: ***
1. Hashtags you can use all this week on all your social media feeds
Use these hashtags to connect with the global community of small business owners and maybe even reach onto the Explorer Page.
#smallbusinessweek #smallbusiness #shopsmall #supportsmall #smallbusinessweek2022 #smallbusinesslove #smallbusinesssupport #caribbeansmallbusiness
2. Photo Idea
Encourage your community to support local jobs by shopping small. If you can take a picture at one of your favourite small businesses, shopping, you’ll show your followers that you also step up to the plate to support the community to which you belong.
Shoot a Reel. They are fun, easy to make and act like mini commercials for your small business. Use trending audio, and see your engagement rocket to the moon. Some examples of great tunes:
- Harry Styles’ ” As It Was”. For this HIT, you can use older clips of when you were starting your small business set to the lyrics “As It Was” on loop.
- Butterflies -is a vibey remix that you can use with an accompanying montage of: “A Moment in Work or Life, like this one.
- Heaven Is A Place On Earth – The Mayries cover is great for creatives to show off a beautiful behind-the-scenes video of making the very thing that you offer the world.
4. Show Up During Small Business Week
Go Live and share relatable conversations with other small business owners your community admires on how they started and why they are passionate about their business.
5. Take a Break
I’m doing just that.
I’m taking a month away from Instagram (ONLY) at the end of this week to plan out the new look and feel for my IG page with my designer. More on that later.
However let it be a reminder that disconnecting to reconnect is also a way of honoring your time, your mindset, and your community once you emerge stronger than when left.
Happy Small Business Week!